Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NYC



I've spent the last few days in New York City and have really enoyed checking out the city. Sunday was a gorgeous day out, around 70 degrees out and sunny, so I went out by myself and made a couple of new friends in Times Square. I participated in the "Free Hugs" experiment, where someone holds up a sign that says "Free Hugs" and asks random strangers if they want a hug (I saw a video of it on youtube a while back and thought it was pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4). Also spent some time wandering Central Park, saw the fashion district, the Rockefeller building, and finally made my way down to Greenwich Village.





Today Sonia (my friend and co-worker), myself and my new friend Craig (also an Evergreen Pilot), went out for another day in the city. We took the subway to the Chelsea District to see and walk the High Line Park which is a former above ground rail track that has been recently converted into a walking park. It was very cool, and we walked the entire distance that has been completed. We passed the actor BJ Novak who plays "Ryan" on the TV show "The Office" while along the walk.



From there we went back through Times Square, past The Ed Sullivan Theater, and into Central Park where we made some giant bubbles! Then to the Upper East Side to a bike shop that sells foldable bikes that Sonia is thinking about getting. It was about a 5 mile walk, with a pizza stop along the way.





After the bike shop we took the subway back the other direction to the East Village for some Indian food for dinner. From thee we took the subway back to the airport where the hotel van picked us up. Was a super fun day, and we all had a great time despite getting on the wrong subway train *twice* on the way home which really made it a long ride.

Tomorrow I'm off to Dover AFB, then Hahn, Germany. Not sure where or when after that. Be well, until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment