Friday, May 28, 2010



After several long delays in Anchorage I'm back in New York via Chicago. Our airplane came from Hong Kong, and kept having maintainence delays which pushed back our departure. Welcome to world of non-scheduled freight. While waiting to leave I took several walks around downtown Anchorage, got to pet a reindeer, and flew a really big kite. I'm not sure how, but while browsing the net for kites I stumbled across a new sport called BloKarting. Its basically a go kart that is wind powered and looks really fun. I think I watched every blokart youtube video while sitting around waiting to leave.


We left Anchorage in the dark and got to see both the sunrise and the moon set at the same time; a true divided sky.


I was pretty beat by the time we landed in Chicago, as I had been up for close to 24 hours at that point...felt ok to fly, but crashed pretty hard as soon as my head hit the pillow courtesy of the airport Best Western. When we got back to the airplane that night Air Force One was parked very close to our plane. Kinda cool to think I could fly the presidents airplane.

Today my brother Mike called me to ask if I was still in Chicago; he and his wife flew in last night and saw not only Air Force One, but also the plane we brought in. It would have been fun to see him and Jen, but I'm long gone...


NYC for the weekend, and then back to Germany on Monday. As Always, be well, feel free to leave a comment, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the moon and the snowy mountains has amazing colors--it has a surreal look. We have enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. The Evergreen plane looks sharp with the white and green design. Kool that you got to be that close to Air Force One, too. New York looks like fun, with super bubble blowing and free hugs. And Anchorage with the kites and your friends and all. You live an exciting life! ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete